Goodwin Village has a range of Independent Living Units to suit different lifestyle and financial circumstances. Please access “why move into a Goodwin Village Unit” to see the advantages of moving to a one of our Units.
ONE BEDROOM UNITS
These units are ideal for one person, but they have had several married couples in them over the years, that have been quite comfortable. The units are ideal for people wishing to maintain their independence as long as possible.
As the frailty level of residents in our hostel has increased, the one-bedroom units have become a positive alternative for people that are looking to downsize from their larger homes, but are not requiring the type of direct care assistance provided in the hostel. Residents are still completely independent, but access any support they need.
The reduced size of the units and their design features.
- Good natural light in the lounge/dining and bedroom areas
- Units heat and cool quickly
- Floor heating and reverse cycle air conditioning
- Mobility is easier in compact areas
- Attractive outlook to the street, and lawn areas
- Limited garden
- Undercover parking provided at a close distance.
Goodwin Village has available newly constructed units that are specifically designed to allow residents to ‘age in place’. Residents can remain living independently in their unit as long as possible, but with increased comfort and security.
Design features of the larger units provide residents with the facilities, to live independently, but with an extra level of comfort provided by extra space:
- Positive solar aspect, with living area facing north.
- Ensuite to master bedroom, including higher toilet pan and large no step shower. Ensuite is accessible from the rest of the Unit as well.
- 2nd toilet with hand basin, screened from living area.
- Separate laundry area close to external clothes line area.
- Large garage with remote opening. Garage has door access straight into the unit, which is convenient in wet weather, and at night.
- Connecting path to bike track to the town.
- ‘Split system’ air conditioners in living area and master bedroom.
- Screened outdoor area