The Goodwin Village units are integrated into the Call System which operates in the hostel. This ensures support by staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All units are supplied with 3 call points:
- The forth pendant call point is optional.
The call points are used to obtain assistance from hostel staff when residents are feeling unwell or need emergency assistance.
Department of Human Services Units can also gain access to the call system network by purchasing individual call points.
The call points are tested on a three-monthly basis.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE MAINTENANCE CHARGE?:
- The organisation carries out all internal and external building maintenance for the units.
- Staff are available to help with small and timely assistance. Unit residents can contact the Hostel office for help in all matters concerning them 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year. Matters may still be referred to family, but the hostel staff can be used for initial discussion and support.
- Support includes storage of spare unit keys, for residents securely in the office, there is no danger of residents being locked out of their unit.
- The mowing of all lawns, and the maintenance of all common garden areas is done by the organisation.
- Residents can choose to maintain individual garden areas if they wish.
- Most security lighting is the responsibility of the Organisation.
- The organisation insures all unit buildings and contents owned by the organisation. Residents need to insure their own contents, if they wish them to be covered for insurable events.
Residents of Goodwin Village are welcome to eat in the Hostel dining room at anytime. The kitchen staff require 24 hours notice of providing the meal. The meal costs $10.00. Residents who are eligible for Meals on Wheels are able to receive their $2.00 meal subsidy.RIVERSIDE LOUNGE:
Unit residents are able to access Riverside Lounge for activity sessions for Quoits, Hookey, Shuffleboard, Pay T.V. and other activities. The Lounge can also be booked for personal celebrations such as birthdays and wedding anniversaries.
Unit residents also have access to the Hostel Meeting Room for small private type functions (including ‘sit down’ meals) suitable for 2 to 12 people.
The Village is lucky to receive regular visits from the Doctor, Hairdresser, Clergy. Residents are welcome to contact the Office at the Hostel to arrange appointments with these people during their usual visiting routine. The willingness of these professionals to see Unit residents in the Hostel depends on individual circumstances, so contact the Care Manager to discuss your personal situation.
HOME & COMMUNITY CARE (HACC):
Goodwin Village Unit residents who receive HACC services may be able to access these HACC services through the staff at Goodwin Village. This is left to the judgement of the HACC Co-ordinator, Mrs. Anne Livingston.
AGED CARE PACKAGES:
Residents of Units are able to access Aged Care Packages. Packages are planned and co-ordinated care or services provided to people, in their homes, to help them remain in the home for as long as they wish, rather than entering residential (hostel) care.
The services and care include:
Personal care, toileting, continence management, dressing; meals, shopping transport; laundry; gardening; social activities.
The services provided are very flexible and can change, as an individual’s needs change. The resident decides which services they wish to receive.
HOSTEL WAITING LIST PRIORITY:
Independent Living Unit residents, are given priority, on the waiting list for the Goodwin Village Hostel, if they are assessed as requiring residential aged care in the future.
DESIGN FEATURES OF UNITS:
- No Steps
- Wide doorways*
- Living area facing North
- Garage with remote control roller door, adjacent to unit*
- Large Ensuite set up for carer assistance and accessible from main passage as well as bedroom*
- No Step Shower
- 400 metres to centre of town
- 2nd Toilet*
* Available in new units only
A ‘happy hour’ is conducted each Friday for unit residents in the hostel Riverside Lounge.
Morning tea for unit residents held in the hostel Meeting room on first Monday of each month.
ddddAll unit residents on the waiting list, are also on the waiting list for our smaller two bedroom units (only two of these available), as there is no separate waiting list for these units.
PROXIMITY TO SHOPPING
Goodwin Village is located only 350 metres from centre of the main street and shopping centre in Donald. The Village is linked to the main street by a paved walking track with footbridge over the Richardson River.
The walking track through Goodwin Village is well integrated into a network of walking tracks that go around the town of Donald, and primarily along the Richardson River. These tracks are ideal for electric scooters, and there is only one road to cross to get to the main street.
If you require further information about the services provided, and available to unit residents please contact Goodwin Village.